top of page



Sometimes car insurance might be not easy to choose. This brief guide will help you to understand the coverages, deductibles and limits of your car insurance policy. 

In most states, liability coverage is mandatory, however limits can vary. If your car is leased or financed, you may be required to buy certain coverage limits. Being your LOCAL insurance agent we will help you to choose the coverages you need.


Auto liability insurance coverage helps cover the costs of the other driver’s property and bodily injuries if you’re found at fault in an accident. You choose your liability limits - the maximum carrier will pay for a liability claim.


Non-owner, also sometimes called non-drivers, car insurance is beneficial for those who drive vehicles they don’t own. Liability coverage pays for injuries and property damage you cause to others in a car accident. Non-owner car insurance typically does not cover: collision, comprehensive, towing and rental coverages. You’re not legally obligated to carry auto insurance if you don’t own a car. But there are several reasons why you would want to have non-owners car insurance: you regularly rent cars, borrow other people’s cars or are mandated by courts.


Collision insurance is a coverage that helps pay to repair or replace your vehicle if it overturns or collides with another vehicle or object. Collision coverage has a deductible which is an amount that you choose when you buy coverage. The most frequently selected deductible amount is $500. Select a deductible amount that you are comfortable with — if there is a Collision claim on your policy, this will be the amount you’ll generally be required to pay.


Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your car that's not the result of a collision such as theft, vandalism, hail or flood. Comprehensive coverage is also subject to a deductible amount — usually the same amount you choose for Collision coverage.


Medical Payments coverage pays for medical costs of reasonable and necessary medical care after you are hurt in a car accident no matter who is at fault. Additionally, medical payments insurance may help pay for funeral expenses and/or injuries sustained by your passengers.


Uninsured motorist coverage protects you if you're in an accident with an at-fault driver who doesn't carry liability insurance. In general, this coverage provides what you would have received from the other person’s insurance company if that person had insurance. 

Underinsured motorist coverage, steps in when you're in an accident with an at-fault driver whose liability limits are too low to cover the damage or medical expenses.


With Rental Reimbursement coverage, you will be reimbursed for rental car charges incurred while your vehicle is being repaired after a car accident or after suffering damages that are covered through your car insurance policy. You can only buy Rental Reimbursement coverage if you buy Collision and Comprehensive.


Roadside Assistance covers drivers when their vehicle breaks down. Generally, adding roadside assistance to your policy will get you: towing, battery service, flat tire service, fuel delivery, lockout service, and extrication. If necessary, Roadside Assistance will cover towing to the nearest qualified repair facility.

Back to Top


bottom of page